Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Post-Baby Daddy-Daughter Football Trip

Hatcher asked for the week off before the BYU/Florida State football game (in FL) so that he could take a road-trip down with his Arlington friends. We really didn't want me to go into labor during Hatcher's vacation, because then he wouldn't be able to take his week long paternity leave on top of vacation (and intern year they only get 3 weeks off the whole year and are working 80+ hrs/wk the rest of the time...so vacation is important!). I ended up going into labor exactly 30 minutes before he clocked out for his vacation time. So he wouldn't get one minute over his vacation to take paternity leave.

He was sweet and didn't mention his disappointment at missing the "man trip" to the football game and his much needed rest during his vacation. Two nights before the game I told him he HAD to go to the game since he spent his whole vacation taking care of me & his two daughters. He offered to take Chick with him on the 17 hour drive (each way!!), and these two had a B.L.A.S.T. She got the one-on-one attention she really needed, and I got much needed rest with just me, Birdie, and my mom at the house. Hatcher got a weekend of his vacation given back to him...and he deserved it. Isn't he amazing?! I love this guy!

Funny story, when we told Chick she was going to the game with daddy she asked...

Chick: "Is Baby coming with us?!"
Daddy: "No Sweetie, she was to stay because Mommy needs to feed her."
Chick: "Daddy, why can't you feed her with your boo-boo's?"

Photobucket

She loves her dad so much!! They have so much fun together!



Hatcher & Chick drove down with our friends from Arlington. There were two dads and two 4 year olds. Can you imagine 17 hours of this?

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

$50 per ticket per 4 year old so they could play cars the whole game. ; )


Photobucket

The guys at the game!



A hilarious video from the hospital with Chick yelling, "GET IT OFF ME!" (referring to the baby). My c-section scar hurt SO BADLY from me laughing WAY too hard. Chick was watching tv while we filmed...which is why she's kindof distracted.

Photobucket
It is a dream having my mom here to help out with the girls! She's here for another week!

Photobucket
I caught Chick reading this book to Birdie. She loves her! I always hear her telling Birdie (in her highest voice possible) "I'm your big sister!! You are SOOO cute! You are SOOO tiiiiny!!"

Photobucket
She loves to feed her!

10 comments:

The Hatches said...

Hahahah oh I'm so glad you put those videos up, we had a good laugh watching them on Mike's phone at Grandma's. Chick is a crack up!

Katie said...

Andrew will be jealous of the man trip. he really wanted to go, but it was my first day alone with the bambino. I love the video of chick yelling, "Get it off!" I totally understand the laughing thing. It hurt so bad to laugh-still kind of does. I can't wait to have an awesome belly laugh pain free!

Wendy said...

Your pictures are so amazing. Gary is so jealous!! Both your girls are so adorable. I love Birdie's hair in the last pic!!

Kirstina said...

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! Reading this post just gave me warm fuzzies whenI needed it. Chick's comment about feeding baby is a CRACK UP. And WOW 17 hr drive?? What a brave little girl... and daddy :)

Melissa said...

ohhhhh, SO darling! I love the photos, the videos, and your beautiful little girls!

Jessica F. said...

I LOVE that Dan took Vanessa. Such a cute daddy. I am loving that little angel of yours and we really need to come see you already!

Gel said...

Congrats on your new baby!! She is precious. Glad you are both doing well. What a fun trip for them to take!!

Julie said...

I love you, and love all the pictures send more

Lollidale Farm said...

I just love seeing all of the pictures! I wish I could be there more!!

Erin said...

Andrea! I love it when I stumble across old friend's blogs. Your family is adorable and congrats on your new little one. We've moved to California, and I'm so sad I didn't get a chance to have you come shoot my family one last time... although, you've been busy! If you're ever in SF let me know!!!

Congrats!

Erin